The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
- USI registry will send you your USI number in an email that you will need to keep safe
- you can photograph the screen showing the USI to keep the record on your phone
You can only ever have one Unique Student Identifier. If you are not sure if you already have one, our staff can assist you at the time of enrolment. Remember, you will need Government Identity to prove who you are.
It is important when you create or update your USI you give permission for our staff to view your USI and access your records. When setting permissions include:
- TAFE NSW Hunter Institute for the duration of your course or up to a maximum of 5 years. Search by Code 90002 and
- Add NSW - State Training Services to your permission list for the duration of your course or up to a maximum period of 5 years. Search by Code TA0002.
For more information refer to TAFE NSW Unique Student Identifier (USI)